Saturday, November 26, 2022

Landing Page Optimization & Basic SEO

I appreciaterd learning about key items you can do to optimize landing pages, keywords, and entire site for search engines:

  • Update content regularly: This is a top indicator of a site's relevancy. Consumers don’t want to see old, outdated information, and search engines don’t either. Keep your site fresh with relevant information.
  • Have a link worthy site: Instead of having "click here" links, write out the name of the destination. Search engines don’t understand “click here”. Using descriptive links by linking keywords not only improves search engine optimization, but also adds value to your readers, including those with disabilities or who are using screen readers.
  • Use alt tags: Describe your image and other media using alternative text descriptions. They allow search engines to locate your page, which is crucial, especially for those who use text-only browsers or screen readers.
  • Content and navigation are easily consumed/understood by consumer: Site is straightforward and links are easily found. There are a lot of sites with similar products/information, so quick and easy are important when a consumer visits your site. If they have to work to hard to navigate your site, they’ll click back and go to another site.
  • Multi-device ready: Site is accessible on multiple devices, i.e., computer, mobile device, etc. Make sure you have scaled your images and condensed your content to fit on a mobile device and be easily accessible to consumers. The majority of consumers are on their mobile device when searching for items to purchase, learn about, etc.
When I was initially building my site, I could not figure out why it didn't show up on my mobile device the way it did on my computer. Once I discovered the "phone" graphic in my builder, it made all the difference to the way the site looked. I didn't really make major changes but instead just had to move a few pictures etc to fit the mobile. I'm glad I figured this out early on in my site building process because the majority of consumers are on mobile devices more than other devices when shopping.

As I have been analyzing my Google Ads campaign, my ads for bath bombs and bath salts are getting fairly significant clicks. However, I am not really getting conversions. As I reviewed the landing pages on each of these ads, I think the following changes would be beneficial:

  • List the benefits of not only bath bombs, but our bath bombs
  • Include actual customer testimonials
Many people think of bath bombs as only a “self-care” luxury when in reality there are real health benefits to skin, mood, etc. of bath bombs. Sharing these benefits on the landing page could help me to get conversions. I appreciated the information in the article, “6 Essential PPC Landing Page Optimizations.” It says, “There's really no better way to build trust with prospective customers than to have existing customers sing your praises.” I like the idea this article suggested of including testimonials even on the sidebar of my landing page. I know when I am looking for a product, I like to read the testimonials and/or reviews before purchasing to get an idea of what others think about a product.

I am hopeful that as I make these changes, more conversions (sales) will come from my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...