Friday, December 9, 2022

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information!

Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from others, I do understand what a helpful concept this is to my website and my business. I think I will begin with backlinks from social media that friends, family, and others share. This seems like a great place to start because I do know how to do that.

I absolutely loved the section on Google Analytics. I had a hard time getting the demo account to pull up even though I followed the instructions in the lesson as well as online. However, once I was able to get it to work, I enjoyed answering the questions for the Analytics assignment. I love numbers and math and coming up with answers like this. I am definitely a "hands on" person when it comes to learning. I don't know yet if all of my answers were correct but when I posted them on the discussion board, it seemed like most of my answers matched with those of other classmates so we are either all right or all wrong :).

I also appreciated looking at the stats on Google Analytics for my own site. I got a page score of 72 on my bath bomb page. There were only two recommendations to help it score higher with SEO, so I felt pretty good about that. This is such a great tool to track how my website is doing so that I can make changes and improvements to my site to help it perform at a higher level. I'm grateful to have learned all of this information ths week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...