Saturday, December 3, 2022

Social Media for SEO & Social Networking

This week was a great learning opportunity for me as we studied SEO for social media and I thought about goals for my business on social media. Some of these goals are:

  • Get more views on Facebook. I've been posting to my business page, my personal page, and using stories. I'm going to try short reels to create another mode of "transportation" to my site. I like the idea of reels because I can do a fast-motion, short presentation of my products and the benefits behind them. Another option I am going to try is Facebook lives. This will allow my viewers to engage with me “face-to-face”, hear about the business, ask questions, etc.
  • Create more of a presence on Instagram. Besides posting pictures of my products, I will link my page to Facebook as well as to my actual website.
  • Make sure that my posts on both of the social media platforms I am using are easily shareable and encourage people to share them. This will start with friends and family because they are my best advertisers right now. However, they have different friends and those people have friends, etc. so I think this is a good way to help my social media SEO.

Some of my long-term goals are to:

  • Have more followers on my social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram.
  • See more visitors to my website.
  • Have more conversions on my site.

Facebook and Instagram measures the engagement of viewers and the number of views to my pages. Ultimately, customer conversions will be the best measure of success for my business. This will mean that all of the effort put into marketing and advertising with Google Ads, Facebook posts, and Instagram posts is paying off. Higher revenue for the business will be the biggest success.

I appreciated the information this week regarding LinkedIn. I had not really thought about using this platform for my business because I have been thinking more about advertising and making sales. However, it was pointed out that LinkedIn is a great place to connect with others who have similar products/companies and/or are interested in similar things. This will be a great networking social media platform.

As I worked on and completed the project for this week, it was interesting to look back and see how the changes I made to my website and my Google Ads affected the metrics that I was measuring. While I did not have any conversions while my campaign was running, the changes did show a difference. I had some conversions/sales on my website before I officially started my ad campaign and then another one the day after my campaign ended. Hopeful that conversions will keep happening as I draw more people to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...