Saturday, November 12, 2022

Relevance, Quality Score, and Google Analytics . . . Oh My!

This week was very informational as I learned about Relevance and Quality Score in regards to my Google Ads. I have continued to refine my ads to obtain a higher quality score while still keeping my ads relevant to my actual business. I know Google is trying hard to help ads be relevant to the sites the ads are referencing but some of the recommendations didn't seem relevant so I chose not to use all of the recommendations.

I also learned about Google Analytics and the important role this plays in tracking the data of my site so that I can improve my site. Google Analytics will help me to have a more successful business because of the valuable data I will be able to track:

  • Track online traffic.
  • Analyze and understand user behavior.
  • Get data reports and option to customize reports.
  • Improve online ads with marketing analytics.
  • Conversion tracking to track the required conversions.
  • Segment the users effectively.
  • Improve SEO and content marketing.

I will be able to measure how marketing, content, and products are performing compared to what consumers are searching for. Without these analytics, the only way I would be able to measure how my site, content, marketing, etc are performing would be when a purchase is made. Google Analytics will make it possible to measure each of the areas and adjust so that more sales will happen sooner rather than waiting to see how the site is doing based on sales so adjustments can be made quicker.

I think Google was pretty smart to include Analytics to help people in their online businesses. Google Analytics also allows the capability to measure how long a potential customer is on my site. I think this is extremely valuable information in knowing how engaging my site is but also how relevant my ads are to the site. Sometimes I click on an ad that appears relevant to what I am looking for but when I get to the company's site, it's not quite what I was expecting and I don't stick around too long. I think it's great to have this tool to help us improve our sites and build our business.

These topics are very relevant as I am continuing to build ads for my business and getting ready to run my campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...