Saturday, November 19, 2022

ROI & Optimizing Ad Performance

This week I learned about measuring profits, ROI (return on investment), conversions, and optimizing ads in Google. ROI will be a great conversion tracking measurement for my website. This will be the most measurable conversion for me to see how my ads are affecting the success of my business. Clicks and visits are great, but producing sales is what will help my business to grow.

My SHOP page will be my conversion page because this is where potential customers will become customers by making a purchase. The goal of having a website is to bring a wonderful product to people but also to have sales so I will point my ads to the specific SHOP page(s) to encourage customers to stay and buy once they have come to the site.

Since I just enabled my Google Ads campaign, I do not have enough data yet to really make a lot of changes to my ads. Some of the optimization tools I will use are possibly changing, deleting, or pausing keywords that are not effective. I could also add different keywords and see if they are more effective. I will look at making similar changes to the ads that I have under the campaign as well.

I have not been able to locate the 'Ads & Extensions' link from the left menu in my Google Ads, so I'm not quite sure what to do about that yet. I plan to reach out to other students to see if I can figure out if something is missing or I have missed a step somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...