Saturday, November 5, 2022

Google Ads and Ad Groups

This week was all about Google Ads and Ad Groups. I struggled some because the ad that I started last week didn't save everything I had entered. This caused me a little stress mainly because it was an assignment and I didn't want it to be late. However, I just started over at the point it hadn't saved. I'm not sure what I did differently but everything saved this second time of entering it. It may have been a blessing in disguise because I feel like the keywords and headlines I used were better the second time.

I have a few products in my business and was unsure exactly how to build the ads. At first I had all of the products in one ad but after this week's reading and video, I had the feeling that each product needed to be in its own ad group. I refined the ad group I had started with just one of the products and am continuing to build the ad groups for the other products.

I was grateful for the class meeting this week. Since I was the only student who attended, I was able to ask all of my questions regarding my concern about how to get all of the products into ads and not have to pay a ton of money at this point. I was unsure if the ad groups were all under one campaign and they were all on the same budget or if I would be paying for each ad group. Brother Scott clarified that multiple ads could be under a campaign and Google charges per campaign. We are only going to do one campaign for the course and so multiple ad groups could be under the campaign and therefore, the same budget. This was reassuring for me.

I was worried about writing an ad because, once again, I wanted it to be perfect. Once I got all my keywords and headlines entered, I realized it wasn't rocket science to write a description of the product. I'm hopeful that the ads for the other products will be as fun to write. Another suggestion Brother Scott gave me in our meeting was to include URLs for competitors rather than just my site to grab key words, which is what I did for my first product. I'm going to try that suggestion with the other products and see if I get keywords that are different but relatable to my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...