Saturday, October 29, 2022

Google Ads and Keywords


It was great to learn more about Google Adwords and Keywords this week. When running an ad, a business obviously wants to reach as many people as possible. However, as I studied the aspects of ad campaigns, I feel that advertising to a broad area could be a costly mistake and the owner will spend money on the advertising that is wasted rather than working in their favor to build their customer base.

How great is it that we can advertise on computers and smart phones rather than having to use flyers, newspapers, etc. Most people, no matter their age, have a smart phone right at their fingertips so this is definitely a smart way to advertise and reach a large population of people.

I appreciated the information that will help me in choosing good keywords for my ads:

Characteristics of a good keyword include:

  • Directly relate to ad’s theme
  • Use similar keywords in ad groups
  • Use words that you would use as a customer
  • Not too specific/narrow
  • Not too broad/general
  • Keywords of two or three words

Characteristics of a bad keyword include:

  • Too narrow or specific and rules out customer searches
  • Too broad or general and gets clicks that will not convert
  • Doesn’t relate to the theme of the ad

I hadn't really thought about having different ad groups so that similar keywords could be in the groups. Originally I had included the keywords for all of my products, bath bombs, bath salts, sugar scrubs, lotions, all in one ad. After this week, I am going to edit the ad and create ad groups for each of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking, Link Building, & Google Analytics

What a great week with so much new information! Even though I don't completely understand link building and getting backlinks from other...